Russia: State Commission Accepts Tugboat ‘RB-392′
After successful completion of sea trials at Pella Shipyard the Russian State Commission accepted tugboat “RB-392” (building No 935, project 90600).
The tugboat will proceed to Novorossiysk, where it will be put into operation within the Black Sea Fleet Navy.
The tugboat is intended for towing and berthing operations in harbors, roadsteads and coastal areas which comply with R3 navigation area, refloating of ships and vessels, fire fighting operations at floating and shore objects, oil and petroleum content products, cargo transportation, ice breaking and erosion operations.
- Length max 25.4 m
- Width max 8.8 m
- Draught 4.2 m
- Speed 11.8 knots
- Bollard pull 23 t
- Classification КМ Arc4 R3 Aut3 Tug by Russian Maritime Register of shipping.
- Propulsion system Z-drives US 155, Rolls-Royce, FPP into nozzles
- Power-plant 2х746 kW at 1800 r/min, Caterpillar С32
- bow electro-hydraulic anchor-towing-mooring winch Fluidmecanica providing 10 t of bollard pull and 847 kN of brake holding force;
- 600 kN towing hook SWL with quick release device;
The tugboat is equipped with cargo crane РС 2300, Palfinger with lifting capacity of 150 kilos at the boom of 5m.
In order to fulfill fire-fighting operations the tugboat is also outfitted with external fire fighting system made by FFS (capacity is 800 m3/h, 2 water monitors, water curtains system).
Press Release, June 7, 2013; Image: Pella Shipyard