VIDEO: Tugboat “MB-92” Completes Yard Sea Trials (Russia)
The yard sea trials of tugboat “MB-92” (building No 503, project PE-65) the first tugboat from the series of four tugboats of project PE -65, built by Pella Shipyard for the Russian Navy have been successfully completed.
- towing of vessels and floating objects in harbor areas and open seas
- performing of escort operations at the speed of 10 knots
- fire fighting operations at floating and shore objects;
- oil and petroleum content products spill removal;
- rescue and salvage operations;
- ice–breaking of up to 0.8 m ice at the speed of up to 5 knots.
- Length, max 34,4 m
- Width, max 12,1 m
- Draft 4,4 m
- Speed 13,5 knots
- Bollard pull 63 tones
- Class notation KM Arc4 R1 ?ut1 FF3WS EscortTug by Russian Maritime Register of shipping.
- Propulsion complex Z-drive US 255 FP, Rolls-Royce, FPP into nozzles
- Power 2×1864 kW, 1600 r/min, Cat 3516B
- Full load displacement is 860 t.
- bow double-drum anchor-towing-mooring electro-hydraulic winch FEH RED Fluidmecanica providing escort services, 20 t of bollard pull and 1860 kN of brake holding force;
- aft electro-hydraulic towing winch RED Fluidmecanica, providing 20 t of bollard pull and 1800 kN of brake holding force;
- towing hook providing 650 kN of bollard pull with quick release device;
- cargo crane Fluidmecanica HLRM 45/5 S with lifting capacity of 19.5 kN at the boom of 13.5m.
In order to fulfill fire-fighting operations the tugboat is equipped with external fire fighting system made by FFS (capacity is 1500 m3/h, 2 water monitors, water curtains system).
Press Release, September 2, 2013; Image: Pella Shipyard