Meet Defence Stakeholders at International OPV Conference
The International Offshore Patrol Vessels conference of 2014, the most well attended patrol vessel event in the world, will take place from September 30 until October 2, in Dublin, Ireland, this year.
The conference provided the opportunity for people to meet face-to-face with military and industry stakeholders from the Middle East, Latin America, Africa, Asia, Europe and North America.
Held in association with the Irish Defence Forces this year at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel in Dublin, the event will be represented by the Flag Officer Commanding Commodore Hugh Tully of the Irish Naval Service and Rear Admiral Mark Mellet, Deputy Chief of Staff, Irish Defence Forces.
The event attracts the most senior navy and coast guard chiefs from around the world to discuss the challenges of maritime policing including piracy, smuggling, search and rescue, pollution monitoring, fisheries protection and EEZ patrol.
The International Offshore Patrol Vessels conference offers the opportunity to:
– Network with over 100 international patrol vessel builders and end-users – the largest and most diverse global gathering of the community in the world;
– Engage with the most prestigious speaker panel to date, 90% of whom have never presented at this event before;
– Discuss lessons learnt from a vast array of mission sets, ranging from law enforcement to environmental protection operations, which will help shape the future requirements of emerging and mature naval forces;
– Benefit from detailed discussions of platform and systems modernisation plans from every continent;
– Explore the latest technological developments in modularity, systems arrangement, propulsion and ship-based aerial and underwater platforms.
Naval Today Staff, September 04, 2014; Image: UK Government