Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., Stratford, Connecticut, is being awarded $115,7 million for firm-fixed-price delivery order 4019 against a previously issued Basic Ordering Agreement. This order provides for non-recurring engineering and program support for the production and delivery of nine MH-60R aircr
U.S. Naval Base Guam (NBG) held a change of command ceremony at the Tango/Uniform wharf at the base in Santa Rita June 20. Capt. Andy Anderson relieved Capt. Mike Ward as NBG’s commanding officer (CO). Retired Navy Cmdr. Matt Miller was the events guest speaker and commended Ward for his dedicatio
Whidbey Island-class amphibious dock landing ship USS Ashland (LSD 48) departed Kuantan, Malaysia, June 19 after participating in the amphibious phase of exercise Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training (CARAT) Malaysia 2014. This year marks the 20th anniversary of the CARAT exercise series, and
For the “Wildcards” of Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron (HSC) TWO THREE, Detachment 3, currently stationed on board the Oliver Hazard Perry class frigate USS McClusky (FFG 41), their departure on April 10 was to be one for the history books. This landmark Counter-Transnational Organized Crime (C-TOC
The keel laying and authentication ceremony for the amphibious assault ship, the future USS Tripoli (LHA 7) was held at the Huntington Ingalls Industries Pascagoula shipyard June 20. Ship Sponsor Mrs. Lynne Mabus and retired Lt. Cmdr. Steve Senk, the chief engineer of the previous Tripoli (ex-USS
The class of 2014 from the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA), which included 225 new Merchant Marine and Military Officers, graduated in Kings Point, New York on Saturday. Vice Admiral Michelle J. Howard, Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Operations, Plans and Strategy, delivered the commenc
Defense Secretary Orders Vessel to Arabian Gulf Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel today ordered the amphibious transport dock ship USS Mesa Verde into the Arabian Gulf, Pentagon Press Secretary Navy Rear Adm. John Kirby said. F-100 Frigates Engage in Exercises off Galician Coast The F-100 frigates ‘Álva
Forces participating in Baltic Operations (BALTOPS) 2014, including the U.S. 6th Fleet command and control ship, USS Mount Whitney (LCC20), arrived in Kiel, Germany, June 20 after the successful completion of BALTOPS 2014. “Coming together for BALTOPS was like climbing a mountain, we have come to
South-West based Royal UK Navy warship, HMS Argyll is due to sail today on her latest deployment to the North Atlantic and Caribbean. HMS Argyll’s captain, Commander Paul Hammond: said “As we sail from Plymouth we can reflect on nine months of hard work in preparation for this deployment in which
Cubic Worldwide Technical Services (CWTS), a subsidiary of Cubic Corporation, was awarded a task order under the U.S. Navy’s Fielded Training Systems Support (FTSS) III Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract. The five year program is valued in excess of $65 million and provides op
The guided-missile destroyer USS Oscar Austin (DDG 79) approaches the German navy replenishment tanker FGS Spessart (A1442) for a replenishment-at-sea while underway for Baltic Operations (BALTOPS) 2014. Now in its 42nd year, BALTOPS is an annual, multinational exercise with the goal of enhancing ma
The Irish Naval Service vessels L.É SAMUEL BECKETT, L.É. ROISIN and L.É. AOIFE will be conducting exercises off the South Coast of Ireland, as part of a week long fleet assessment by the Naval Service. Some of the tasks involved include a scenario-based Maritime Interdiction Operation which prepar
One hundred naval officers graduated this week from the Royal Australian Naval College, HMAS Creswell, concluding 20 weeks’ initial training for the 77 men and 23 women. The graduating class was reviewed by the outgoing Chief of Navy, Vice Admiral Ray Griggs. The new officers will now move to spec
Lieutenant Commander Zeljko Pekovic has become the second naval officer from Montenegro to serve at the EU Naval Force Operational Headquarters in Northwood, UK. Lieutenant Commander Pekovic will be stationed in the Headquarters until June 2015. Montenegro started providing a military officer to t