VIDEO: Russian Navy’s New Tug Finishes Sea Acceptance Trials
- Equipment & technology
The sea part of the official acceptance trials of the tugboat «RB-406» of project 16609 (building No 625) of the Acceptance Program of 2014 has successfully finished.
During this year the tugboat will be delivered to the State Customer – Russian Navy and put into operation within the Pacific Fleet Navy.
The tugboat is intended for towing and berthing operations in harbor and coastal areas which comply with R2 navigation area (not more than 100 miles from place of shelter), performing of escort operations at the speed of 10 knots, refloating of ships and vessels, fire fighting operations at floating and shore objects, oil and petroleum content products, cargo transportation, ice breaking and rescue and special purpose operations as well.
– 10 t bow anchor-towing-mooring winch, Fluidmecanica, providing 1383 kN brakes keeping force;
– towing hook SWL 47 t with quick release devise.
The tugboat is also equipped with crane-manipulator HM 6/3 S, Fluidmecanica, with the capacity of 910 kg at the boom of 6 m.
In order to fulfill fire-fighting operations the tugboat is equipped with external fire fighting system made by FFS (capacity is 800 m3/h, 2 water monitors, water curtains system).
Technical data of the project 16609:
– Length, max 28,5 m;
– Width, max 9,5 m;
– Draft 4,3 m;
– Speed ab. 12 knots;
– Bollard pull 47 tones;
– Class notation: KM Arc4 R2 ut1 FF3 WS Tug by Russian Maritime Register of shipping;
– Propulsion complex: Z-drives US 205, Rolls-Royce, FPP into nozzle;
– Power 2×1500 kW at 1600 rpm, Cat 3512B.
Press Release, May 26, 2014; Image: Pella Shipyard/youtube